A Star is Born!
Beamer™ was just a twinkle in the eyes of Bronner's promotions department before his birth at BRONNER'S CHRISTmas WONDERLAND in early 1999. He was developed in conjunction with the making of the video, "Christmas Dreams Come True at Bronner's."
Bronner's promotions team wanted to develop a mascot or character who would represent both the religious and toyland themes of Christmas. A star was the perfect choice!
Staff artist Connie Larsen developed Beamer's™ shape and features. He was animated for three scenes in the video in which design team member Jennifer Mays gave the little star his friendly, pixie-like voice. Beamer™ has since become a favorite for Bronner's new product lines and billboards. Look for him throughout the store!
There's nothing nebulous about Beamer's™ personality. With a sunny disposition, radiant smile, and twinkling eyes, he's a real dreamer who someday hopes to appear on the walk of stars. This knowledgeable guy is a guest reporter for the Indianapolis Star and columnist with Aviation Week and Space Technology. Beamer™ really enjoys an evening out to see a five-star movie or an extended weekend at a five-star hotel with his cousins: Shimmer, Dimmer, Glimmer, and Trimmer. Yet he's a real down-to-earth guy who volunteers to make a difference. Beamer's™ favorite . . .
- Beverage: Sunny Delight
- Chewing Gum: Orbit
- Breath freshener: Starlight mints
- Candy: Starburst
- Health food: star fruit
- Candy bar: Milky Way
- Canned food: Star-Kist tuna
- Tea: Celestial Seasonings
- Restaurant chain: All-Star Cafe
- Children's song: "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star"
- Silly song lyrics: "Would you like to swing on a star . . ."
- Patriotic song: "Star Spangled Banner"
- Poem: "Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight . . ."
- Painting: Van Gogh's Starry Night
- Christmas carol lyrics: "The stars in the sky shone down where He lay; The little Lord Jesus asleep on the hay."
- Christmas decoration: star treetopper
- Moment in history: appearance of the Star of Bethlehem
- Baseball team: Houston Astros
- Hockey team: Dallas Stars
- Basketball team: Phoenix Suns
- Movie: Star Wars
- Television show: Star Search
- Hobby: stargazing
- Trick: slicing an apple across the middle to reveal a star
- Cleanser: Comet
- Color: glow-in-the-dark
- State to visit: Lone Star State of Texas
- Hangout: planetarium
- Investment dotcom: Morningstar.com
- Flower: stargazer lily
- Sea creature: starfish
- Free light display: aurora borealis and Bronner's!